The benefits of the herbs and essential oils used to make my soaps, shampoo bars, and sundries. Find the product you’re interested in, go over the ingredients, and below the product pictures and information you will find a list of common ingredients such as clays, additives, and essential oils. There you will find information you need to learn more about what goes into each product.
*DISCLAIMER: Each product has been notified to Health Canada however, any information I provide is for educational purposes only and I am making no health claims with my product. In regards to the health benefits of essential oils, herbs, and spices, this is a relatively new area of research.
Scent: Eucalyptus/Mint (also uses tea tree, lavender, rosemary)
Colour: light green (comfrey infused olive oil)
- Awakening is a coconut milk with a comfrey infused olive oil. In alternative medicine comfrey is an anti-inflammatory and can treat back pain, osteoarthritis, and tenderness to caused by sprains.
Colour: light purple (alkanet root cut and sifted infused olive oil)
- This soap is made with chamomile tea and alkanet root. Alkanet is a member of the borage family and considered an invasive species in the US. In folk medicine used for inflammation, insomnia, high blood, respiration, and chronic pain. It does have the potential for liver toxicity and if consumed over a long period of time could be carcinogenic and it is primarily used as a dye. Chamomile is known for its sedative and relaxing qualities as well as lowering blood pressure, and relieving stress, anxiety, nervousness, depression, stress, and muscle spasms.
- Named after the Celtic earth-mother goddess, Danu. It is a blend of soap shavings from the various soaps and shampoo bars in the product line encased in an exfoliating soap bag.
- This soap is made with the botanically sensitive person in mind. Made without adding colours, essential oils, clays, or any other materials other than water, sodium hydroxide, and carrier oils.
- This goats milk soap contains natural exfoliants such as charcoal (also a detoxifier), pumice, coffee grounds, ground walnut shells, and, in the later batches, orange peel powder.
- This soap contains a paprika infused olive oil. Paprika is known to be anti-inflammatory and can have anti-aging effects. It is also known to assist in the increase of blood circulation. Orange peel powder in the later batches provides a natural exfoliant.
Scent: Ocean Spray (bergamot, lavender, cedarwood, lemon, lemongrass, orange, rosemary, eucalyptus)
Colour: Light Green
- This goats milk soap also has a water blend of 35% salt to simulate the ocean. For scent, it has a blend of essential oils (see essential oil properties) to bring you into a space of walking on the beach in the early morning. It is coloured with Green Clay and uses a kelp olive oil infusion. Sea salt is added for exfoliation. Kelp is an antioxidant which helps reduce wrinklers and keep elasticity in the skin, and it has anti-inflammatory properties which is good for skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema. Also, kelp is a moisturizer and with its high mineral content can reduce the impact of weather changes and exposure to the elements of nature. Sea salt draws toxins out of the body and promotes circulation to make way for the growth of new skin cells.
Scent: Cedarwood (also contains Douglas fir, Juniper berry, Scotch pine, eucalyptus, and patchouli)
- This soap contains an alkanet root powder infused olive oil with Bentonite clay added in at the end.
Pot O’ Gold
Scent: Citrus Sunshine (contains peppermint, lavender, rosemary, bergamot, grapefruit, lemon, clary sage, cedarwood, ylang ylang)
- This goats milk soap contains a turmeric infused olive oil with beeswax and honey. Tumeric is known for fighting acne, fights signs of aging, relieves eczema, facilitates wound and skin healing, controls oiliness, reducing body and facial hair, improves psoriasis, improves sun damage and wrinkles, treats cracked heels and dry skin, and soothes burns. Lemon and orange peel powder in the later batches provide exfoliation.
Scent: Lemongrass (also contains Thieves Oil, Dalmation Sage, tea tree, and cedarwood)
Thieves Oil Blend (contains clove bud, lemon, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus radiatii, rosemary cineolel, and lavender)
- This castille (mostly olive oil) soap contains a calendula/sage infused olive oil with coffee grounds as an exfoliant. With its antibacterial properties, sage acts as a natural deodorant, is a skin toner, treats hair loss, helps with skin problems, and is anti-ageing. Calendula enhances healing, is anti-ageing, reduces inflammation, treats acne and skin conditions, is cell regenerative, and moisturizes. Lemon peel powder, after the first batch, provides a natural exfoliant.
Scent: Rose Geranium (contains patchouli, ylang ylang, geranium, nutmeg essential oils and rose geranium floral water)
- This goats milk and rose geranium floral water soap is coloured with pink clay and also uses honey and beeswax. Rose geranium is anti-inflammatory and cooling on the skin making it useful for skin conditions where heat and/or redness is present such as rosacea, sunburns, inflammation, rash, or even insect bites. It has balancing properties for our skin oils and is a humectant like beeswax and honey making it idea for drawing in and retaining moisture.
“GET WILD” Shampoo Bars
“GET WILD” for All Hair Types
Scent: Rosemary (also contains lavender, cedarwood, basil, and peppermint)
- This goats milk/coconut milk shampoo bar also uses rosemary floral water and a blend of essential oils (see essential oil properties). It is coloured with Brazilian Gold Clay. With a blend of carrier oils, one is a rosemary, comfrey, and nettle olive oil infusion. Vitamin C in the nettle plant is reported to make the hair follicle healthier leading to improve the condition of the hair itself. This also means it reduces hair loss, encourages hair growth, and has healing properties. Rosemary reduces inflammation of the scalp and reduces hair follicles, helps localize blood flow, and can slightly decrease DHT which leads to male pattern baldness. Comfrey restores sheen and adds volume to hair, it helps reduce hair breakage, and treats dandruff and dull hair.
“GET WILD” for Oily Hair Types
Scent: Rosemary (also contains tea tree, grapefruit, peppermint, patchouli)
- This shampoo bar is made with rosemary floral water and a blend of essential oils (see essential oil properties). It is infused with nettle olive oil and coloured with Black Brazilian clay. The vitamin C in the nettle plant is reported to make the hair follicle healthier leading to improve the condition of the hair itself. This also means it reduces hair loss, encourages hair growth, and has healing properties.
“GET WILD” for Dry Hair Types
Scent: Rosemary (also contains lavender, cedarwood, basil, peppermint)
- This goats milk/coconut milk shampoo bar also uses rosemary floral water and a blend of essential oils (see essential oil properties). It is coloured with Australian Pink Clay. With a blend of carrier oils, one is a rosemary, comfrey, and marjoram olive oil infusion. Rosemary reduces inflammation of the scalp and reduces hair follicles, helps localize blood flow, and can slightly decrease DHT which leads to male pattern baldness. Comfrey restores sheen and adds volume to hair, it helps reduce hair breakage, and treats dandruff and dull hair. Marjoram has healing properties, is anti-inflammatory, has cleansing properties, and is an antioxidant and analgesic.
“GET WILD” for Thinning Hair
Product available August 3rd, 2021.
Scent: Clary Sage/Lemon (also contains vetiver, rosemary, lavender, peppermint, tea tree)
- This rosemary floral water shampoo bar uses clary sage, lemon and other essential oils (see essential oil properties). This brunette beauty is coloured with Brown Clay and uses an olive oil horsetail infusion along with other oils. Horsetail helps promote hair growth due to its silicon and antioxidant properties. Antioxidants help reduce microinflammation and aging of hair fibres due to free radicals. The high silicon content results in a lower hair loss rate and increased brightness.
“GET WILD” Hair Care Products
“GET WILD” Hair Rinse
Ingredients: Apple Cider Vinegar (essential oils include lemongrass lavender, peppermint, rosemary, and cedarwood)
- This hair rinse is made with apple cider vinegar and a blend of essential oils. Hair that is dull or brittle is high in alkalines and apple cider vinegar is acidic. The use of apple cider vinegar as a hair rinse is to lower the hair’s Ph levels and restore Ph balance. It is also antimicrobial and helps fight bacteria and fungi that leads to minor infections and itchiness. It is high in vitamins and minerals which can help exfoliate scalp skin and anti-inflammatory to fight dandruff.
“GET WILD” Hot Oil Treatment
Ingredients: Coconut oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, bhringraj powder
- This hot oil treatment for hair is made with bhringraj powder and a special blend of my carrier oils. Bhringraj is a plant used in Ayurvedic medicine for healthy hair and liver and grows in moist areas. Its high density means it can absorb into the scalp easily and activates the oil glands to treat dandruff and dry scalp. According to Ayurvedic medicine, if used regularly, it brings nutrients to support hair growth and target baldness. It has cooling qualities that can reduce stress and stress-related hair loss. It fosters hair follicles preventing hair loss and contributing to hair growth by increasing blood flow to the scalp. It also prevents greying of the hair and adds shine.
“GET WILD” Root Lifter
Ingredients: Distilled water, rosemary leaves cut and sifted, nettle leaves cut and sifted, sea salt, raw sugar, vegetable glycerin, aloe vera gel, and a blend of the essential oils; bergamot, rosemary, and Roman chamomile
- This hair volumizer, when sprayed on the roots of your hair when it is wet, helps lift the roots of your hair and gives more volume. Works especially well if you blow-dry your hair upside down and dry the roots. Rosemary reduces inflammation of the scalp and reduces hair follicles, helps localize blood flow, and can slightly decrease DHT which leads to male pattern baldness. The vitamin C in the nettle plant is reported to make the hair follicle healthier leading to improve the condition of the hair itself. This also means it reduces hair loss, encourages hair growth, and has healing properties. Like honey, aloe vera gel has emollient qualities and moisturizes by smoothing the cuticle surface and attracting and sealing in moisture. Aloe vera has a number of nutrients in it that feed the hair as well. Sea salt has antifungal properties, removes excess oil, has nutrients for hair health, and helps with exfoliation and blood flow. Sea salt plumps your hair follicles giving your hair the appearance of volume. Raw sugar prevents acne, reduces hair damage, and softens your skin. Vegetable glycerin maintains moisture in your hair by drawing in moisture from the air around you and retaining it. It treats dry, brittle, frizzy hair and leaves it looking healthy. It promotes hair growth, and reduces breakage leaving stronger, healthier hair. It helps treat dandruff, reduces the occurrence of split hairs, and makes hair voluminous and bouncy.
Clays and Other Additives
- Beeswax is antibacterial, creates a protective seal to keep in moisture and vitamins while keeping irritants out, promotes hydrated skin, is anti-inflammatory, and has shown hypoallergenic properties.
- Clays in soap help fix the essential oil scents, add colour, and are a great exfoliant and detoxifier
- Honey is anti-ageing, an exfoliant, treats acne and sensitive skin, is anti-inflammatory, treats cuts and burns, acts as a moisturizer, is anti-fungal, and an antiseptic. Both honey and beeswax are humectants and emollients meaning it draws in and retains moisture as well as softening and smoothing the hair and skin.
- Basil essential oil is steam distilled from the flowers and the leaves. Basil prevents eczema, prevention and treatment of acne, naturally detoxifies, prevents outburst of whiteheads and blackheads, treats dry and itchy scalp, promotes hair growth, reduces excess hair fall, and strong and shiny hair.
- Bergamot essential oil is a citrus and is either cold pressed from the peel or steam distilled. Bergamot is an anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial. It can be phototoxic if cold pressed from the peel (make one sensitive in the sun) however, in soaps this is greatly reduced since it is not being left on the skin. On hair, bergamot is soothing, promotes good circulation for healthy hair, is antiseptic and antimicrobial, moisturizes and conditions, and repairs damage. It gives you frizz-free hair with a nice sheen.
- Cedarwood (soap grade) essential oil is steam distilled from the wood. Cedarwood has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial qualities which can help with acne. Cedarwood can help with hair loss by assisting with hair growth through improving the health of hair follicles and treat scalp conditions like eczema and dandruff. It can help with arthritis, scars, treating minor wounds, and has sedative qualities which aid in sleep.
- Chamomile, Roman essential oil is steam distilled from the flowers. It nourishes your hair and keeps it frizz free. It fights dandruff, adds shine, and enriches your hair colour. It helps prevent hair loss, promotes hair growth, is beneficial for oily hair, and strengthens damaged hair.
- Cinnamon bark essential oil is steam distilled from the bark and leaves and can be a skin irritant. Cinnamon bark improves circulation and can plump the skin, cleanses the scalp, treats eczema and acne, is an antiseptic, softens and soothes the skin by getting rid of the dead skin, reduces the signs of ageing and improves the complexion. (Cinnamon bark is used in soaps at approximately 0.5%)
- Clary Sage essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves and flowering tops of the plant. Clary sage is anti-inflammatory and calms the skin, helps heal acne, controls and regulates oil production, is an antioxidant and fights free radicals, improves circulation, and has sedative qualities aiding in sleep.
- Clove bud essential oil is steam distilled from the dried flower buds. Clove bud is anti-ageing, treats acne, and rejuvenates the face. It will lighten blemishes, moisturize dry skin, reduce hair fall, is a hair conditioner, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-fungal oil.
- Eucalyptus essential oil (soap grade) is steam distilled from the leaves. Eucalyptus has disinfectant and antibiotic properties, respiratory aid, decongestant, anti-inflammatory, pain relief, immune system support, tooth and gum relief, headache relief, and anxiety. Caution to never use on children and can be an irritant.
- Eucalpytus radiatii is steam distilled from the leaves. It is anti-inflammatory and can reduce acne and eczema, helps retain skin moisture, and has pain killing qualities.
- Fir, Douglas essential oil steam distilled from the needles from the Douglas fir tree. This oil provides relief from cold symptoms, promotes a sense of focus, creates a feeling of calm and peace, purifies your skin, freshens the air in your home, and relieves tired muscles.
- Geranium essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves, stems, and flowers. Both rose oil and rose geranium oil come from the Pelargonium graveolens plant but, different varieties. It is good for congested or oily skin, eczema, and dermatitis. Rose geranium can reduce wrinkles, and tone and enhance skin.
- Grapefruit (soap grade) essential oil is cold pressed from the peel or steam distilled. Grapefruit helps fight infection, get rid of cellulite, gives gloss to hair, clears skin, and reduces oily scalp.
- Juniper berry essential oil is distilled from the berries of the juniper plant. This oil is an antiseptic, antispasmodic, fights acne, prevents infection of wounds, restores the natural colour of skin, assists against eczema, and increases blood circulation.
- Lavender (soap grade) essential oil is steam distilled from the flowers and is a versatile, go-to essential oil. It is an antiseptic (fights virus and bacteria), analgesic (reduces pain and inflammation), sedative, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, and regenerative. When added to other essential oils, it enhances their effects.
- Lemon (5 Fold) essential oil is either steam distilled or cold pressed from the peel. Lemon is antiseptic to treat skin conditions, an astringent to tighten skin, reduces oil and fights acne, fights free radicals, lightens skin to reduce scarring, and lifts your mood. It is also antimicrobial and antifungal with wound healing properties.
- Lemongrass essential oil is steam distilled from the grass. Lemongrass is anti-ageing, rejuvenates skin and makes it glow, works as a deodorant, is an antioxidant, insect repellant, treats acne, tones the skin, removes blackheads and whiteheads, and is a moisturizer.
- Nutmeg essential oil is steam distilled from nutmeg seeds. Nutmeg is an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. It is also known to work as a pain reliever. Nutmeg oil can heal scars, remove pimples, and eliminate dead skin and fine lines. It is moisturizing, controls oil production, and is a natural exfoliant. Nutmeg should not be ingested or used by pregnant women.
- Orange (5 Fold)essential oil is cold pressed from the orange peel and is a natural degreaser. Orange essential oil is extracted from the orange peel and is a natural degreaser. It also treats bacterial infections, improves skin texture, boosts immunity, lowers blood pressure, calms anxiety, treats insomnia, relieves stress and tension, and uplifts your mood.
- Patchouli (soap grade) essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves. Patchouli can help fight the flu and assist with reducing obesity. It helps with anxiety, mood, and mental clarity, is antimicrobial, reduces pain and swelling, assists in alleviating IBS, is anti-aging, repels insects and bugs, and eliminates plant eating moths.
- Peppermint (soap grade) essential oil has many uses and is steam distilled from the peppermint plant. It is an antiseptic, relieves itching, an astringent, antibacterial, a good digestive aid and can prevent vomiting and treat gas, prevents and relieves and treats coughs, helps with headaches, keeps insects away, increases the secretion of bile (to aid in digestion), an anti-inflammatory, reduces pain, antispasmodic, stimulates the immune system, breaks up and thins mucous, is a decongestant, invigorates, stimulates and increases menstrual flow, destroys parasite worms, and prevents damage to the liver.
- Pine, Scotch essential oil is steam distilled from the needles of the Scotch Pine. Scotch Pine can aid in respiratory function, remove toxins, reduce pain, reduce stress, and assist in immune system function. Since it has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties, it can treat skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne, eczema, athlete’s foot, or dry and itchy skin.
- Rosemary (soap grade)essential oil is steam distilled from the plant. Rosemary assists in better memory by improving concentration and alleviates drowsiness. Rosemary assists with blood circulation and improves immune system function. It can help prevent respiratory and digestive issues, has diuretic properties, and can fight liver disorders. With its warming properties it is beneficial for relieving muscle aches and bone problems such as arthritis, lower back pain, sprains, and restless leg syndrome. Rosemary is a great herb for hair growth and for healthy hair.
- Rosemary CT cineolel essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves. Due to the high camphor content of this chemotype, it is not recommended for children, pregnant women, and individuals with high blood pressure or epilepsy. This chemotype of rosemary is said to promote healthy hair and scalp while promoting hair growth. It helps with excessively oily skin and acne.
- Sage CT dalmation essential oil is … This chemotype of sage is known to combat fungal conditions on the skin and acts as a deodorant. It can help with acne, eczema, psoriasis, tones the skin, and has anti-ageing properties. It helps to darken hair, treat hair loss, and stimulates hair growth.
- Tea Tree (soap grade)essential oil is an antiseptic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory essential oil steam distilled from the melaleuca tree. Tea tree can fight acne and other skin conditions, improve dry scalp, soothe skin irritations, treat head lice and scabies, potentially prevent antibiotic resistance, relieve congestion and respiratory tract infections, and improve bad breath.
- Ylang Ylang (soap grade)essential oil is steam distilled from the flowers. Ylang Ylang is anti-aging, assists battling melanoma, makes skin glow, is anti-inflammatory to fight eczema, sloughs off dead skin, and is antibacterial. Ylang Ylang works on all skin types.
Milks and Liquids
- Coconut milk is a deep cleanser that moisturizes the skin. Helps reduce the effects of aging on the skin and fights acne. It helps heal the skin, repair damaged hair and condition it, and fights dandruff.
- Goats milk is rich in nutrients, moisturizes and cleans gently, can improve dry skin, is also a natural exfoliant, prevents acne and supports a healthy skin microbiome.
- Mead is a alcohol made from fermenting honey thus, provides the benefits of honey.